Monday 28 May 2012

Hi there...


This is a simple blog as it stands. I am a student with an abundance of time to expend through procrastination, and I have since found that I quite enjoy slapping paint on my nails and doing fancy things with it.

I am by no means a professional, or am particularly talented in this area. I enjoy my creations, I am inspired by many different things and some people quite like what I come up with sometimes, so I figured I’d like to keep a record of what I’m doing.

I do not own particularly fancy nails polishes or equipment to do particularly fancy things with. I pick up new varnishes generally when they’re a good price/deal/on sale, I own some nail art pens that I bought somewhere off Amazon, and I swear by owning a decent clear varnish that can double as a base and top coat.

I also believe it is important to have decently shaped nails, and generally carry a file in my bag for those inevitable chipping and breaking “emergencies” – being of the clumsy variety I find this happens frequently, and am aware that I’ll chew them down to the quick if there’s the slightest notch in them.

 I like to be inspired by other people’s work sometimes, so I will try and give credit where it’s due when possible. But mostly, I do ideas with my brain.



I have this weird thing, scientifically called  Brachydactyly type D, which I like to refer to as ‘stumpy thumbs’ (I only found out it had a real name a few weeks ago!). This basically means I have shortened thumbs, and as such have short but wide thumb nails. Obviously this slightly alters what I can do ‘art’-wise on them, but this can generally be applied to normal thumbs, occasionally with a little adaptation.


If you’ve stumbled across this little corner of the internet, then thank you for perusing. I currently have much spare time so it would be a fairly safe bet that this will be updated regularly.

Now I should probably get back to those important things that I'm supposed to be doing...

~HS

No comments:

Post a Comment